Friday, March 20, 2015

Fashion Friday: Dear Darling Denim

Tabitha and I paired up again this week to bring you our spin on the denim trend! Make sure you head over to her blog to see how she wore it!!
 
I love denim. Oh, I reallllly love denim. From about November until February, I'm sporting my skinny jeans every day of the week... But bringing denim into spring and summer (especially in humid climates like Florida!) can be tricky!

Enter the lightweight, breezy jumpsuit!


 photo denim jumpsuit_zps7ghjdif3.jpg
Jumpsuit, Tank, Shirt: JCPenney's

Yes, I obviously need a pair of wedges with this jumpsuit because I have itty bitty legs and this one was made for a model.... However, it's cute, right?!?!  I kind of love it. And it's so breezy. I can totally see myself lounging on a yacht, sipping a glass of lemonade and reading the latest novel . . . in this jumpsuit. Yep, I love it.

When paired with the coral button up and statement necklace, it's combines so many of the trends (floral, denim, brights) for spring, while still looking like a classy, thirty-five year old. Oops, I just 'fessed up. Yeah, I'm 35. My age just won't stop climbing, no matter what I do! ;)

Now, the jams in the lower right corner are called Bookworm. Aren't they completely adorable?!? Two of my all-time favorite colors for spring and summer are coral and turquoise . . . which brings us to Denim Outfit Number 2! =)


 photo denim shirt_zpsvsyuuzxp.jpg
Skirt, Tank & Denim Top: JCPenney's

This skirt had my heart skipping beats, you guys! Like I instantly fell hard core, head over heels in LOVE. <<Um, I actually bought it, I loved it so much!>>

So, here's the thing. When I'm hunting for a good denim shirt, if I'm planning to use it during the spring and summer, I always go for the ones that are light weight... Because nobody wants to spend their days sweltering in thick, stiff denim during the hot summer! JCPenney's actually had a great selection of lightweight denim shirts! And denim shirts are soooo versatile. You can wear it tucked into a pencil skirt, half tucked into a pair of shorts, tied up over any number of maxi dresses... I love a good denim shirt!

Then those jams. Those pretty Shaved Ice jams!! Don't they just coordinate beautifully with that skirt?? That's one of the (many) things that hooked me on jams... there are different styles and colors for every different personality and . . . outfit!

So, what do you think? Which denim look would you wear this spring? Denim Jumpsuit or Denim Shirt?

I'm linking up today with The Pleated Poppy, I Feel Pretty, Casual Friday, Favorite Fashion Friday and Fab Favorites. Go check 'em out if you want to peruse lots of cute styles on lots of lovely ladies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Two fabulous looks. I live in denim! I found your blog through Style Elixir. I'm hosting a link up this week (and every Wednesday) so stop by if you get the chance :)

http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

nora said...

Love the denim jumpsuit look, you look fab!
Nora
www.jacketsociety.com